Sunday, August 19, 2012

Houston International Quilt Show x 2 and LaConner Quilt Fest

Of course I was over the moon when Farewell to Ruffles was juried into the 2012 West West Coast Wonders exhibit.  This quilt depicts what I imagined Ruffles (the oldest male in J-pods) last day of life might have been--swimming out to sea on a winter evening with his pod accompanying him. This exhibit premiered at the Long Beach International Quilt Show in July, and will close at the Houston international Show in November. One of my quilts going to Houston? The granddaddy of the quilt shows?  Whew. It couldn't get any better than that.
but then I learned that the auction quilt I donated to the SAQA auction (the Studio Art Quilters Association) had also been selected to go to Houston as part of the SAQA booth exhibit. Around 400 quilts were donated and about 100 are going to Houston...so it's not like I won the academy award or anything, but my quilt was paired with 5 others in this "dream collection.". Mine is in the center, and the lower right-hand corner is touching Katy Pasquini Masopust's quilt. For me, that IS like winning the Oscar!

And finally, I received notification that my quilt, Deep in December was juried into Quilt Fest at the LaConner Quilt museum. It's the second year in a row that I've had a piece accepted into Quilt Fest.



No comments:

Post a Comment