Saturday, May 17, 2014

Procrastination and Paducah, Kentucky

Dang...has it really been 3 months since I've posted to this blog???  My intentions are good, but when it comes to this blog, I am a very accomplished procrastinator. 

I'm really only posting now to shamelessly brag about my little quilt...Requiem for 42,000 Trees, a quilt to commemorate the plane trees  that line the Canal du Midi in France.  The trees are dying because they are infected with an incurable disease and will all be cut down in the next year or two.   I can't imagine what the canal will look like without the trees that line it for mile upon mile. 

I made this little quilt  to be part of a SAQA (Studio Art Quilters Association) traveling trunk show.  From the 400+ quilts SAQA received for the trunk show, they choose 50 to become part of the permanent collection at the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, Kentucky.  A lot of the quilts in the permanent collection are in storage, and not on exhibit, so I have no idea if or when my quilt will be on display. 

I'm honored to have the tiniest quilt I've ever made end up in epicenter of the quilt world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment