Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Going to Paducah

I'm so please that my quilt of the Deer Harbor Post Office has been chosen for the AQS Paducah spring show.  It's been packed up and shipped.

I'm always pleased when a piece is juried into a show, but the Paducah show is extra sweet, because Phyllis, my best friend from high school, lives in Louisville.  We went to high school over 50 years ago in Ankara, Turkey--an interesting place and a bonding experience!!  We've stayed in touch all these years, and every few years get together in some interesting place.  This time, we're going to do a road trip to Paducah.

I have a tiny little quilt in the permanent collection at the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, so we might be able to see it...or not.  Mostly it'll be fun to spend time with Phyllis with a few quilts thrown in!


No comments:

Post a Comment