Tuesday, March 26, 2019

The Sketchbook Project

For years I've toyed with the idea of joining the Sketchbook Project,  but figured I'd just procrastinate and never complete the book or return it on time.  I'm not a great sketcher, and performance anxiety would likely keep me from even starting.

But then, my daughter gave me the Sketchbook Project Sketchbook for Christmas.  Well darn!  I can't let my kid down, so even though I'm pressing up against the deadline, actually completed the book.  I picked a theme, got out my colored pencils and ink pens and cranked out some sketches--some good, like the lion's mane jelly fish, and some not so great.  But there it is.  Finished.  It's going to the post office today.

It's spring.  It's the beginning of gardening season...I wish I'd got out the nail brush and scrubbed up my garden-grubby hands before making this video!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment